Sweetness of Iman
Five signs of the Sweetness of Iman:
- One derives pleasure in one’s ibaadat.
- One prefers obedience to Allah over one’s carnal desires.
- To please Allah, one bears all difficulties.
- One exercises patience in the face of hardship.
- One is happy at all times with whatever Allah has pre-destined.
It is narrated in Bukhari and Muslim that a person who has three habits, through its Barakat will taste the sweetness of Imaan:
- He in whose heart Allah and Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam are more beloved than the whole universe.
- He who loves someone for the sake of Allah.
- He who abhors returning to disbelief after he has brought faith, more than being thrown in the fire.